Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools

Navigation

Summary

Becroft, Andrew (2006). Restorative Justice in the Youth Court: A Square Peg in a Round Hole? Restorative Justice Online. May 2006 Edition.

New Zealand is known as a leader in the application of restorative justice to youth offending, with over 80% of juvenile offenses being handled through police diversion. The remaining 16-20% results in formal charges in the youth court. This article provides excerpts of a paper that examines the restorative potential of the New Zealand youth court. The full paper, written by Judge Andrew Becroft, Principal Youth Court Judge, New Zealand Youth Court, is attached.

Link: http://www.restorativejustice.org/editions/2006/may06/becroft

2284
Restorative Justice Online - Featured Video

Restorative Justice Library Search

Search 11427 publications on restorative justice